Saturday, January 8, 2011

Car Of The Day: January 8, 2011


Today's car of the day is Johnny Lightning's 1987 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS.



The Chevrolet Monte Carlo is an American-made two-door coupe introduced for model year 1970, and manufactured over six generations through model year 2007.



For more information and pictures of the real car please visit: Chevrolet Monte Carlo



This is Johnny Lightning's holiday car for employees for 2010.  It arrived in my mailbox today, courtesy Tom Z. at JL & Wyatt at JLTalk & JLCollector.  The batteries in my camera died before I could get a picture of the hat- but I'll try and get a picture of me wearing it in the next few days!  I want to thank Tom for holding the contest and Wyatt for nominating me- thank you both very much!



In 1987, Chevrolet eliminated the Sport Coupe version of the Monte Carlo, leaving the LS, SS, and Aerocoupe. The Super Sport incorporated the "smoothed" rear bumper and tail lamps first introduced on the 1986 Luxury Sport. The Aerocoupe made up 6,052 of the 39,251 total Super Sports that were produced that year. 39,794 Luxury Sports were produced in 1987.

No comments:

Post a Comment